- As a NYS Certified teacher and lifelong performer, Johnny has been sharing his love of the arts with groups in a variety of environments for his entire career.
- The following children’s programs have been created for a number of formats where children and families can share in the joy:
- Homeschool Groups
- Learning Pods
- Nature centers and other cultural institutions
- Scout and other community groups
- Private Events
- Johnny can adapt any of these programs to fit the needs of your institution or private event. If you are interested in a program, please contact Johnny here to discuss details and pricing. Johnny is happy to furnish an extensive list of references, as well as his resume upon request.
- All programs can be adapted for virtual formats.
- All programs below are listed with Eastern Suffolk BOCES Arts in Ed
- Traditional Irish Music Program (Live or Virtual)
Traditional music from the Celtic Isles has been passed along and interpreted throughout many generations. In this fast-paced program featuring Johnny Cuomo, along with other traditional Irish musicians and step dancers, students are introduced to traditional forms of Irish music performed in concert format, on instruments that are common in most Irish traditional music, including guitar, banjo, Irish flute, fiddle, penny whistle and mandolin. Students gain a true appreciation of the Irish culture through music and dance.
- Author Visit with Johnny Cuomo (Live or Virtual)
Author and musician Johnny Cuomo presents his book Katy Didn’t, which features themes of friendship, welcome, good citizenship, overcoming adversity, anti-bullying, the first day of school, and the natural world. (Maybe link to Katy Didn’t Page here?) Program includes interactive reading of the story, live music, discussion of the writing and story development process, and time for questions and answers with the group. Each classroom teacher will also be provided with a follow-up activity for the classroom. For programs booked at least three weeks in advance, Johnny will include a signed, mailed copy of “Katy Didn’t” for each classroom, allowing students and teachers to become familiar with the story before the program. Johnny can also coordinate signed student book orders before or after the program.
- Animals All Around (Live or Virtual)
Interactive program combines Animal Fables and Animal Hand Puppets to help students learn about particular birds and animals and their habitats.
- Music & Storytelling (Live or Virtual)
Interactive music and storytelling program introducing children to stories from around the world, including traditional Celtic, American and Native American folklore. An assortment of stories from different cultures, accompanied by folk songs and music by professional musician Johnny Cuomo on guitar, banjo, Irish flute, Indian flute, harmonica and mandolin bring a unique cultural and musical experience to the students. Students actively participate in the stories and music.