- Johnny has now added another facet to his career – published author! In September 2020, Peter Pauper Press released Johnny’s first children’s book, titled Katy Didn’t, full color hardcover format.
- Katy Didn’t is a picture book for ages 3-8 that addresses themes of inclusion, friendship, diversity, bullying and good citizenship, all with a nod to bugs and the natural world. While crafting this story, Johnny took his inspiration from the many years he has worked with young children in pre-schools, elementary schools and schools for children with disabilities.
- Check out the great Kirkus Review for Katy Didn’t
- Katy Didn’t is available for purchase from national and local bookstores. Buy your copy or request that your local library purchase one today!
- For information about upcoming author events and other fun activities, follow the Katy Didn’t book pages on Facebook and Instagram
- Johnny would love to visit your classroom, library, cultural institution, homeschool group or learning pod for an in person or virtual author program! Please see the flyer here for information
- Johnny collaborated on Katy Didn’t with his good friend and talented illustrator, Benjamin Lowery. Please explore his work here.